Sunday, January 23, 2011

Stayin In

Today is a good day to stay in where it's warm!   That's what I've decided, anyway.  There's some great movies on cable ("You've Got Mail", "Waitress" and "Nine Months").  Yesterday I was excited to be out and about with my good friend Michele.  She's been on the mend from surgery and hasn't been able to get out for a few weeks.
I dropped her off at the salon while I ran some errands then we had a delicious lunch, I showed her around Trader Joe's (still thrilled to have it in our town), then we hung out at the bookstore.  
There were light snowflakes coming down most of the day and the forecast called for 3-4" of snow.  No biggie. 
We were having tea and flipping through books and I looked up and tons of huge snowflakes were coming down!  I was like - time to go girlfriend!  I was white knuckling it on the drive home because it was hard to see and my windshield kept icing up.  We ended up getting 6-8" inches instead and below 0 temps! 

Needless to say - I'm extremely tired of WINTER.  Boo!

While I'm home today I've been gathering up some of my valentine supplies to prepare for a couple card swaps that I signed up for .   February is fast approching.  I can't believe how fast time flies!


All photos by me

I love red, pink and white together!  I have several cute things from last year that are still laying around and this year I decided I'm going to try using crinkly bias tape ribbon.   I have to get it from the only scrapbooking store I know that carries it.  I'm surprised that I can't find it at the local Hobby Lobby or Michael's yet.


I also found a few cute vintage valentines when I went to the antique store.   I especially couldn't pass up this one because I swear when I was in gradeschool I received one or maybe I even gave them out!  Who knows!  When I saw it something connected and I was thwarted into the past.   I also saw a Barbie Country Living vinyl house which I definitely remember playing with!



Darling!!   I love poodles, too!  We always had one when I was growing up.  Some folks think they are yappy but ours never were.  


My brother is a police officer so I thought this one would be fun to give to him.   They sure had a lot of funny sayings on those old valentines cards!   Gotta give em an A for originality, right?




3 comments:

  1. I love Valentines Day! Your pictures are just gorgeous! Hope you're staying warm and enjoying the weekend. I recently just watched Waitress again and loved it just as much as the first and second time! It's such a sweet little movie.
    Cheers!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you are off to a good start,with your Valentines! Love the whole fru-fru,romantic stuff for decorating,and the colors too. Have fun making your cards,and stay warm. Hugs,G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I here ya about wanting winter to be over...today I was busy "springing" up my bedroom.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment!