Thursday, January 20, 2011

Giving Support



All photos by me


Cancer sucks...  It has unfortunately cut so many lives short and taken away many of our family, friends and loved ones.   But I also know there is hope, faith, and miraclesSo many miracles...  So many healings...
I give all glory to God for the miracles that are continuously in our midst. 



Right now there are two beautiful ladies I know who are battling cancer at the same time.   I am praying for them and believing for a complete recovery and healing.  I pray for the day that I will hear that they are completely cancer free!
A few months ago, I lost a close coworker from cancer.    I only knew her for a very short time and for the most part she wanted to keep the battle she was fighting to herself.    This pretty lady was very brave and must've dealt with so much pain on a daily basis.  She was losing so much weight but every day she looked beautiful!  I always loved that she always wore a pretty scarf around her neck and had the cutest shoes.  She never lost her "spunk" and worked until the very end of her life.  Gone too soon. 
I wish she would have let us do more for her but she didn't want to draw attention or make a big fuss.  




It is a great regret of mine for not acting quickly enough on something I wanted to do to brighten my coworker's day.  I put it off or forgot.   I had the best of intentions and wanted to extend support and love.
Then she was suddenly gone  from work and never came back...



So now I have decided not to sit back and to show my support today!  Tomorrow morning the two lovely ladies will receive these little vases with a single daisy and a card.  I hope it will brighten their day...  To let them know that someone is in their corner praying and asking for a miracle of healing for the both of them.

I also hope this post will encourage you to reach out to someone today that may need a little sunshine in their life,  a prayer to give  hope, a hug to receive love and a friend to stand by and just be there to listen.

Some of the best things in life are free.  We just need to be willing and able to take that step out and do it sooner rather than later.

God Bless! 

P.S.  Thank you SO much Keswick and Country  for mentioning me on your blog and those of you that stopped to say hi and became a follower of my blog.  It really blessed me! 




1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said and you're right. We shouldn't wait to offer a kind gesture or support, we need to reach out right now.

    God Bless,
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment!