Monday, January 31, 2011

Great Mag!

This weekend I received the magazine I won from Birds of a Feather''Where Women Cook"  has been a joy to read!  First off, I love Ree Drummond AKA Pioneer Woman!  She was my "person" who creatively inspires me (which is honestly a running list of many, many talented women) and wouldn't you know I won the mag with her on the front cover!   Ree just cracks me up with her quick wit and silly posts.  She drew me in first with her beautiful photography, family life, great recipes and cute cowboys!  
I really find it interesting how they run a ranch and seeing pics of real cowboys out there doing their thing!



Heidi included a sweet picture of a pretty bird.  I love the ribbon and millinery flowers - love those darling details!

photo by me

Also featured in the magazine are two other great creative ladies Serena from Farm Chicks (her kitchen is so fun - popping with lots of bright color) and Elizabeth Maxson of Elizabethhouse


Farm Chicks



The Kitchn


I had the pleasure of meeting Elizabeth a couple years back at an event in Kansas.  She had beautiful antiques and bunches of lavender in her booth which was located in a historic barn.  Her vignettes were enchanting and her sweetness was refreshing.   I enjoy reading her blog and seeing her great photography.  Her love story also inspires me...  I would love to hear from my man "I prayed for you"! Wow!


Photo by me

Here's some of that lavender that is still fragrant after all this time!   Check out photos of Elizabeth's cozy Frenchy kitchen featured on The Kitchn,

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting me the other day...I really adore Ree...she is sooooo down to earth...

    Sending you hugs for this 1st day of February. oxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I won Heidi's other magazine, "Where Women Create"! I just love it, and have read it over and over already. I've never had either of these publications; your "Where Women Cook" sounds wonderful, too. I have the Pioneer Woman cookbook, and read Dee's blog, so I know she's good! And, Serena, she's wonderful, too! Congrats on your win!
    Wasn't Heidi W. sweet????
    Hugs, Heidi W. (the other one!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet that you won. Love the bird card that she included,with your magazine. Blogging friends are so generous. You are generous with your praise,your pictures,and your precious blog,that you share with all of us! Hugs,G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi angela! wow! what a lucky girl you are! how fun! thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment! cant wait to peek around your blog! i hope you visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what fun to win that!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment!