Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sometimes you get a hankerin

Over the weekend I've been doing some cooking.  I'd much rather cook for others but I definitely needed to push myself to finally get this recipe done!  Ever go to the grocery store & keep forgetting one of the ingredients & next thing you know you're not in the mood or the fresh ingredients wilt or get spoiled too soon? I definitely didn't want that to happen this time!  This picture below is the coconut chicken chili.  I got the recipe from a blog called The Noble Pig.  I liked it but even though it called for cayenne pepper I felt it needed more spice of some sort.   Maybe red pepper flakes to kick it up a notch.  Try it & decide for yourself! 

Every once in awhile I get a "hankerin" for some Southern food!  Biscuits & sausage gravy is something that I rarely allow myself to have but decided that it would be an easy & delicious breakfast for a lazy Saturday morning.  Should I be ashamed to admit that I used refrigerated biscuits & canned sausage gravy?  No shame here - it's all good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment!