Something has come over me this season... I'm getting a little too excited over all the cute candy corn ideas I'm seeing out there!
Which is funny because as a kid I ate myself sick on candy corn once and didn't want to touch again for many many years. To this day the only way I can really eat it is to combine it with peanuts for a delicious salt/sweet combo!
Here's some of the fun stuff I'm seeing out there on the net ...
Salt water taffy! Yum! Makes me want to take a drive to Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO. They made the best salt water taffy on site. If you've never been there you should consider it sometime. Check out Aunt Ruthie's blog Sugar Pie Farmhouse. She recently featured it on her blog.
Yeah I want to be Amy Atlas when I grow up. Honestly, I don't know if I'd have it in me to be an event planner but it sure would be a rewarding job! I do live in a dreamworld at times! Don't you wish you can do different jobs per week just to get a taste of everything?
Getting hungry now? Got some ideas brewing in your heads? Why are the colors yellow, orange and white so inviting you think? Bright? Fun? Fun - Yes!!
Nanaluluslinensandhandkerchiefs.com
Now I just saw these cupcake liners at my local craft store for $3.99 yesterday. They look identical and you don't even have to put them in a muffin pan or grease them! They were huge and I wasn't convinced I was committed to any mega muffins anytime soon. Gotta be realistic! I'm not a great baker. I think I've mentioned that one before!
Oh those wooden candy corn fillers are so cute! I almost bought something similiar at a craft boutique recently. I have to tell you that when it gets around the holidays and starting into Autumn - I tend to gravitate towards primitive crafts, folk art, and warmer tones.
I love the shabby chic, lush winter and summer whites, crisp light linens... but come Autumn I love macintosh reds, kelly greens, maize yellows, and earthy tones.
I like oranges, too. Some of my favorite photographs consist of kids frolicking in pumpkin patches and having a great time.
How about some lil punkin hats, too?






i am just curious to see if you have watched part two of the finale of project runway yet??? i saw it last night, but have no one to talk about it with....lol :)
ReplyDeletetracy
Hey Tracy - YES! I watched it last night and was pretty disappointed with Gretchen's win. I would have rather seen Mondo win it over her. She was a little too snarky and big-headed about her designs but towards the end I felt kind of bad for her personal situation, too. Who would've thought that Michael Kors liked her clothes? You just never know! Did you like Gretchen's stuff?
ReplyDeletei was disappointed with gretchen's win too. I feel/felt the same way about her that you feel/felt about her....about her bad attitude and then towards the end i felt bad for her personal situation too...!! i was very surprised that nina and michael kors really liked her collection....
ReplyDeletehowever, i did like her collection and thought they are very wearable for the everday woman and i could see myself wearing her clothes if i were a whole lot thinner...lol i love the colors she uses because those are indeed my colors....
BUT, she did not WOW me with her collection...mondo did wow me...i was hoping for a bit more WOW from him but compared to the other two....I really thought mondo should have won....even though i couldnt see myself wearing any of his clothes....i still love what he makes...it is fun and youthful and etc.
i also was expecting more from andy too....i really think he played it safe too and didnt do the edgey pieces that he is so known for doing....and i think that is what the judges were saying about his collection too...
i still think mondo and andy and the others will definitely benefit from being on the show...the publicity should really help boost their fashion careers...
sorry, i ended up writing a book...
hope you have a fabby rest of a weekend...
tracy
Tracy - hope your weekend has been fab, too! You know, I just love the range of talent on that show! Now I'm focusing on "What Not To Wear" next! I've missed that show, too!
ReplyDeleteWow....I didn't realize there was sooo many candy corn ideas out there...they all are amazing. Really I could try one of each. On it's own as candy I too have never been a fan of it.
ReplyDeleteI am sooooo happy to have found you...thanks your for visiting me...I love your blog..I am off to check out some of the links you have left on this post.
Happy November! xo