Friday, October 15, 2010

Golden Books and Love for Eloise


Are you as glad as I am that it's FRIDAY?   Wow it's been a long work week!   Thankfully  we've been having some terrific weather in Nebraska.  Sunny days, cool evenings and lots of pretty colors popping up.
But - that's not what I'm posting about!  I'm posting about my love for Eloise Wilkin and her beautiful artwork featured in Golden Books.
I was at my favorite TJ Maxx the other day and picked up this sweet book with nine of the Eloise Wilkin classics.  I was excited!
I have a few classics already in my collection but thought it would be nice to have several stories compiled together in this new book.


What I love about Eloise's artwork the way she captures children in such an adorable and cherubic way.  Those big pink cheeks and the eyes so blue.   Look at this sweet sweater and teddy bear.
I have a dream to write a children's book.  I even have a story in mind.  You never know what doors will be opened one day.   It's good to have dreams! 



I know there are a lot of people out there that have the same dream and even better, some have been putting  it into action.  Speaking of children's books check out these great children's books written by my cousin Martha.  Super cute pictures that demonstrate to kids how to have fun with movement and exercise  Here's a little tidbit:


http://www.wholechildpublishing.com/
Doesn't this bulldog melt your heart?  Kids love the books.   I hope you'll visit the Whole Child website.  Christmas is coming around the corner soon!  I know I've been going to quite a few baby showers! 

So tell me  - what's your favorite children's book?  I'd be interested in your comments.   Have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment!