swap pkg on it's way to Tabitha!
Yes it is true - It's snowing in Nebraska! First it was raining and now it's been snowing since about 11 AM this morning. I knew I would have to get out to make sure to mail out my ornaments for the swap today. I also made an appointment to get my brows waxed and shaped for a little Christmas dinner party I was invited to. A gal's gotta look her best, right! *Smile*Well, it was all hunky dory in the AM and I was getting along just fine to my appointment. They even had horse drawn carriage rides in the little mall I was at. I sometimes wish that I had a little pocket-sized camera or a smart phone to share these lovely sights. Because it was snowing it looked so neat! Especially since Santa was along for the ride in the covered carriage.
As I was out longer the heavy slushy snow was getting deeper and it was hard to walk in, too!
Thankfully I was able to get the package safely in the mail, pick up a few groceries, Jimmy John's sandwich, and gas. I was getting stuck when I had to stop at a light - panic always strikes me - I go into daddy's driver's ed mode.
"Drop it down to 2nd or 1st gear, slowwwly give it gas...." Spin, spin. No movement. Ugh! I look in the rear view at the bright yellow car practically on my bumper and I couldn't back up if I need to. Cars on my left happily going by me. Hey! I have front drive this should not be happening to me.
Turning the front wheels I was finally able to move! Whew!
Unfortunately, I had to cancel going to my fab friend's dinner party. No delicious caramel apple bread pudding, ginger snap crisp, or meat simmered in red wine. Not to mention wonderfully amusing company.
This is why I wished that I lived in Arizona at times. Lord get me through - it's the first snowstorm.
Snow! It is 71 and drizzling here on Tuesday and they "predict" a few flurries on Thursday morning! Crazy Weather.
ReplyDeleteI love your blog background! I have changed mine twice so far this season, I have a feeling another is coming...lol.
Be safe and know you are loved!
I am working on your tag and ornament this week.
Merry Christmas