Hello again! Back as promised. I'm having a relaxing Saturday just enjoying having nothing planned and putzing about my home. I'm thinking of getting out to do a little baby shower shopping. Lots of babies coming soon!
photo by me
This afternoon I decided to try one of Ina Garten's smoothie recipes I saw on Food Network just this week. It's called a sunrise smoothie & my version was pretty delicious. I didn't have any strawberries on hand but had seedless watermelon, OJ, peach & sherbet! It calls for raspberry sorbet but I didn't realize that until after my delicious concoction was complete. I think the sugar in the sherbet helped out because the peach and watermelon weren't as sweet as they could be.
Try out Gaga sherbet next time you see it at Whole Foods. Creamy goodness! I've definitely gone "gaga" over it. Orange is just as delicious!
photo by me
Lovely view isn't it? I had a splendid time in Surprise & Phoenix visiting my BFF Tammy & her family as well as my cousin Heather & her family.
It was a much needed break from work. The scenery & company was a welcome sight for sore eyes! Those two lovely women have a big place in my heart... funny that both have been my roomies in the past.
Tammy got to have me over first. She's my power-shopping partner! First we had to check out Trader Joe's (it's coming to my town this year - yay!) and pick up some goodies, then In N Out burgers (my first time there) and back to her house to see her wonderful hubby and daughter.
We spent the rest of our time hanging out at Fashion Square mall, Sprinkles Bakery (another first for me- yummy strawberry cupcake), Build A Bear, Lush, movie, etc! Her little girl is a sweetie and we had a blast playing catch and a few games together
The weather was great although it got a bit hot walking around the grounds of The Phoenician with Heather on Memorial Day.
I spent the rest of the time with my cousin Heather and her family. I got to bond with my godson and his big bro. Her hubby's extended family was welcoming and friendly. Delicious BBQ, sun and fun! Go Suns!
Tammy told me about checking out The Phoenician for high tea. She said it was worth the price! So that was all Heather & I needed to hear!
photo by me
Heather graciously let me take some photos of her. She's a peach and a beauty!!
Photos by me
Our tea experience was delightful! The server laid the napkin on our laps, we had our own pots of tea, plenty of delicious scones, devonshire cream, divine lemon curd, strawberry preserves, finger sandwiches and desserts. Oh my!
We both really enjoyed ourselves. The Phoenican was beautiful!
The tea selections above...
I miss them all terribly now! Time slips by so fast when you're surrounded by those that you love!
Mmm, there's the yummy smoothie you talked about! It looks and sounds delish! Great photos of Phoenix. I used to live there before the move to KC and I miss it a lot. Thanks for the trip down memory lane :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos and such a lovely post Angela! Thank you for commenting on my blog! I would for you to come on back and Link Up on Saturdays Post May 22. It's ongoing and so many other beautiful people are there. Won't you join us? Lovey
ReplyDeleteP.S. c'mon back and follow too!
Smiles,
Hi Angela!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by my blog. I've enjoyed looking through yours! I LOVE The Phoenician! I stayed there several years ago while on business. It has got to be one of my favorite hotels of all time. I remember there were owls in the trees. Your photos are very nice. :)
Have a great day.
Holly