Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cheery Little Birdy

                                                    photo by me
How's your weekend going?  I had a nice few days off & celebrated my parent's 45 wedding anniversary and my dad's birthday last night!  I am so grateful and blessed to have parents that are still in love after many years of marriage.  They both have incredibly youthful spirits and a great sense of humor which I think has served them well!  They have been an inspiration to many including my brother and I.

In case you have noticed, I've been in a very crafty mood!  I'm gearing up for the holiday season and enjoying the process of nurturing my creative side!

Recently a sweet church friend of mine has been quite down and I'm sending her this card to give her a little cheer.   The birdy is from the Heartwarming Vintage Crafty Secrets Wacky animals creative scraps (love!).  I also used paper from Cosmo Cricket Honey Pie (from a paper pack) in the background.  The gingham is from Jo Ann's Fabric Store.   Hope it brought you a smile, too!

P.S.  I should mention that the card sketch pattern came from Mojo Monday.  I think I'll be checking back for more ideas because this turned out so cute!

8 comments:

  1. That card will really brighten your friends day! You make such cute cards! Hugs,G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog Angela. Congratulations to your parents on their anniversary. We celebrated our 50th in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela,

    Thanks for stopping by. Your card is adorable......I just love birds! Thanks for sharing the cuteness!

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  4. That card is just darling! I like the colours and the pretty papers..that little bird is just the cutest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That card is so cute! I am sure it will cheer her up.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that darling card will cheer your friend right up Angela. It is lovely and it will mean so much to her.
    That is so awesome about your parents. I could feel the love you have for them just reading your words. Funny how our emotions come out in our blogs. I think you are so lucky to have been raised by such great parents. It must be why you are so sweet.
    hugs from here...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Angela,
    So glad you stopped by my blog. This card is really sweet and the use of the pretty paper along with the ginham fabirc pulls it altogether. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is adorable! I love vintage motifs anyway, but this birdie is just too sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment!