Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What's Been Up?

Yesterday I was home relaxing and watching TV - gearing down from the long holiday weekend.  I tried to get a few things done on Saturday but it ended up being procrastinated until Sunday.  What can I say?  A little peer pressure to extend a lunch with a friend.  We needed a little more chat time together and we were kicked out of a restaurant called "Chatty Squirrel"!  Ironic?  I think so! 
But in the restaurant's defense they close early after lunch and we arrived around closing time. 
Sometimes we are just too rushed here in America!  My friend from Germany would definitely concur! 

On monday my family and I had a late lunch of grilled Italian sausages with peppers, potato salad, coleslaw, etc. I brought a jalapeno hummus WW recipe and some red and yellow pepper strips.  Yum!

Here's a little show and tell from the last couple of weeks.  I bought a great new lampshade for only $15 at Tuesday Morning.   Just love that store!

                                     all photos from this post by me




A nice view from my comfy leather chair...  



Here's a lil card I made with some adorable G Series $1 stamps from Michael's.  Um ... a little addicted to these!   I'm so glad they have them at a bargain price!
I have a few more mini cards I plan on making with these and some additional stamps I've found in the bargain bins!  Wal-mart has some now, too.  Fun!



Last but not least - a beautiful card from my auntie Gloria!  She's a whiz with these pretty embellishments!  I was so blessed to receive this card in the mail recently.  Thank you, sweetie!   Love truly is in the details ... darling darling details!! 

3 comments:

  1. You are so creative, and you are making me hungry! :) I love your lampshade... I have a thing for script like that!

    Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card and I am glad you had a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela,good to see your post,and your pretties. You are welcome again for the card. You got me hooked on making them! I love your lampshade! Hugs,Auntie G.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment!