![]() |
| Peeps by Just Born |
Peeps oh so sugary Peeps! You either love em or hate em. I am one (obviously) that loves them! Part of it sentimental and part of it because I like marshmallows... and sugar! Those of you that like them either swipe them up when they are soft and smooshy or you purposely sit them out so they can be hard & stretchy. Weird, I know! I just found out that one of my coworkers dips hers in chocolate. Now she doesn't have to because they sell them that way, too!
When I was a little girl Easter was a big deal. My mom would dress me in a pretty yellow Easter dress, white tights, patent leather shoes and a big hat with the string around my chin to keep it on.
I really wish that I could find a favorite photo of my mother and I on Easter. She had a fabulous platinum bouffant hairdo a classy shift dress on and we are laughing hysterically! No doubt my dad said something that had us practically on the floor. He's quite the jokester!
Anyway, the "Easter bunny" would leave me a basket somewhere in the house that I had to find. It was filled with lots of yummies like a chocolate bunny (with a stunned look on his face because he was about to be eaten), jelly beans, and little trinkets. No Peeps... not yet
When I went to my Nana's house to visit ... that's when the Peeps came out. I loved her dearly and I loved that she was the one that always gave me those Peeps. Every year. I miss her so!

Girl I am a peep lover too!
ReplyDeleteMine I like after they have set out and are chewy and not smooshy soft.
:) there is a pack of purple chicks sitting on my craft desk just waiting to be eaten.
Grandma's are/were the greatest.
xoxo,
Jenny
Sweet... I always got a melted blob of chocolate in a box that was once shaped like a bunny from my grandmother.....
ReplyDeleteHi Angela! what a darling blog you have! I LOVE stale peeps too! but I bet stale peeps dipped in choc are awesome! since I've been on my diet I've tried sugar free peeps... word of advise, if your one who likes them hard, dont buy them! they stay soft.. and they have a wierd texture. Ive looked at peeps in the store a few times and keep thinking no.. I'll wait and have a few on easter day.. no indulging yet.. (I will be strong.. I will be strong... I will I will I will!!!) watch, I probably just jinxed myself and will end up with some before the weekend is out!!
ReplyDeleteanyways.. have a great day and a blessed weekend!
vivian
I like to have just one soft peep! But guess what? I have some yellow peep lights! :)
ReplyDelete