Saturday, April 9, 2011

ありがとう Arigatō!

This week I received some sweet gifts from my BFF Tammy, who recently returned from her overseas cruise.  Tammy & her husband Peter are great travelers and have been so many interesting places! I was excited to see their pictures and I really need to call her and hear more about their adventures in Japan, China, and Russia!  Thank you for all of your prayers for their safe return.  They were completely out of harms way and were able to get a flight back to the U.S. without any problems, Thank the Lord!




Tammy knows I love cute illustrations - especially of darling little children!


Notice the lines are going vertically on the notepaper.  Wish I knew how to write something in Japanese for everyone!  I barely could learn German in Jr High so I doubt I'd do too well trying to learn another foreign language at this point in my life.  I guess you never know til you try, though!


A closeup of the cute little girl and her pup!  Love it!


A few other cute things from China as well.   Such sweet friends to think of me on their trip.   Hmmm now I'm craving dim sum.  YUM!

Hope you all are having as beautiful weather as I am right now.  I was soaking up the sun driving around town and letting the wind blow in my hair.  It's pretty unbelievable how much a good day can raise your mood levels to a nice natural high!  There may be a little rainstorm later but as we all know "April showers bring May flowers"!

I better get going ... have to finish up my Easter tag to send off to my new friend Jenny in Virginia.   I think I may post a few sneak peeks next time.  I'm also thinking of doing my first blog giveaway!  Would ya'll like that?

2 comments:

  1. Diane, wow! You ARE "down to the darling details"! I just enjoyed a lovely tour of your blog and will come back and visit again soon. I came to it from your comment at Jane Austen Today on Vic's and my review of Jane Eyre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, angela!

    looks like your sweet friends brought you back some really nice things...glad they had a safe trip and all...

    ooooooooo......a blog giveaway sounds like a lot of fun.....i would like it...!! :)

    sounds like you are having a nice weekend especially with nice weather...and yes, it is nice and warm here and it does have a tendacy to lift our spirits a bit... last Sunday i actually did some weed therapy in yard and garden for 5hrs...it really was nice then because it was still cool but not cold, just right for weeding during the day....

    can't wait to start planting in our garden...planning on doing that on Good Friday or that weekend....surely by then, jack frost will be done and wont come again till after the summer.... :)

    have a wonderful rest of a weekend...

    take care,

    tracy

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment!