Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fun Day

Hello everyone!  Hope you all are enjoying your Labor Day weekend!  I know I am!
I'm just sitting in my living room enjoying the sunlight pouring in and taking in the smell of my Woodwick rum raisin candle.  
I started out earlier than normal so I can get out and enjoy what the day had to offer.   Plus I wanted to try a soup vendor that was recently featured on our local news station.  Soup Revolution
It's such a great idea to have a traveling soup cafe!  I decided to try the potato corn chowder and a delicious star-shaped biscuit!

                                                               photo by me

They were conveniently located in a park with a outdoor art market going on!  Another temptation of another sort! However, I told myself that I shouldn't let my soup get too cold plus I didn't have a whole lot of cash to spend.  My gourmet soup meal cost me about $8.
Maybe not too bad for gourmet?   I just appreciated the experience of trying something new and supporting a local chef...
I spotted a vendor I recognized from another art fair but wasn't in the mood for jewlery baubles today. 
I was just in such a good mood and excited to be out and about on such a sunny day! I get pretty bubbly and turn into a Chatty Cathy with complete strangers!  I do this on vacations, especially.  
People from other towns sometimes are a little puzzled by my friendliness at times... I'm not saying I'm overboard but it's probably apparent that I'm from the Midwest! 
Here's something I found:  A fun piece of pottery with a cupcake on it.   Isn't it adorable?


                                                                                  photo by me

After I got these shots I got started on more of the Christmas matchboxes  I'm making and some of the gifts for the inside of them.  It's been so much fun! I can't wait to send them off in anticipation of getting 25 different ones in the mail later in the year.  
I wasn't sure if I should share what I've been doing because I'm so silly about not wanting to spoil any of the fun!  You know?
So I decided to make a Thanksgiving matchbox since I had a few extras.   But first... One question:


 
photo by me

Anyone need a light?  A match, perhaps?
Silly me!  I first grabbed this container and started wondering where in the world I would put all of the matches from the 25 matchboxes I had to alter.  I suppose they could be thrown out but what a waste.
Thankfully, I had an empty tea container so there's where the rest were stuffed.  So let me know if you have any ideas on what to do with all these matches! 



photo by me

Anyone else love this photo as much as I do?  Great natural light. 
Sooo I'll probably alter this container in some way.  I have tons of paper to work with.
Here's an unfinished Thanksgiving matchbox that needs a little paint. 


photo by me

Well I'm off to go snuggle with my "doggie niece" a Golden Lab that I'm caring for during the holiday.
She's probably wondering where in the world I went all day.  Tomorrow I'm all hers!
Until next time... adios!

2 comments:

  1. Cute fall matchbox. Can hardly wait to see your christmas ones. I saw at Curious Sofa in Kansas City,that matches were used in a halloween display. Creepy sillouette picture and a sign that says"Don't play with matches." I would decorate the tin for fall,with ribbon perhaps,and use with your matchbox. Good luck. anonymous-G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea...I love the star-shaped biscuit...must remember that!

    Your match box is sooo cute!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment!