Friday, July 2, 2010

Let Freedom Ring

                      Stopping in to wish my American friends a wonderful Independence Day! 

photo from Country Living

I'm planning to start celebrating tomorrow with my family.  We were invited over by a wonderful friend to have some Italian sausages, beef hotdogs, angus burgers and all the goodies that go along with that.  I'm looking forward to seeing some big booming sparkly fireworks in the sky! I can't wait!


Photos from Southern Living

I think I might bring a peach pie from a local bakery.   That sounds good!  Hmm I may have to bring some "a la mode" ice cream as well.   Getting hungry?


Photos from Country Living

I love these country style picnic decorations.  I'm a city girl but with country girl roots.  My mom's side of the family hails from Creighton, NE.   I had a little taste of working on a farm and getting some of that small town charm!  
I like spending time in small towns and enjoying the people.   I am anticipating a trip to Woodbine, IA this Fall. 
Last year it was so touching to spend time with my best friend and her family.   We were there to celebrate the life of her father that had passed away.   You see, he loved to put his classic car in the auto show there. 
I loved the town, the sweet little old ladies serving chicken and noodles at the church, the craft show in the gymnasium and the time spent loving on my friends. 


photos from Southern Living

   
                                                                      
                  God Bless America! 

2 comments:

  1. You had me at "God Bless America." I love your pictures. Thank God small town living hasn't died out. Vintage has never gone away,and I hope it never does. Small towns give you a chance to slow down,and enjoy everything it has to offer. Thank you for taking us down memory-lane,and showing us a bit of Americana. Enjoy all the fireworks,and fun this 4th of July. G.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by to say hi. I will definitely be back to visit your cute blog soon.
    Warmly,
    Bethany ♥

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment!