
For some reason this year I've gone nuts over valentine's day. There are so many adorable, lovely and sweet (emphasis on SWEET) things out there in the craft world! I have gone over the moon over everything with cupcakes on them!! There's been a huge surge in the popularity of baking cupcakes right now. They are so very cute and you can really jazz them up with special picks, colored sprinkles, printed papers. Decorated sugar cookies are fun, too. Martha Stewart had some darling ones on her show yesterday. I'm really not that great at baking. Once I burned the dickens out of mini fridge choc chip cookies when I was baby-sitting for a family with a fancy Viking oven. I warped their baking sheet and had to throw them out the back door. I proceeded to douse their place with even more fancy air freshener to mask the horrible burnt smells wafting in the kitchen! But I have had some success with ginger cake & Nana's biscotti recipe. I digress...
But I do love me some cake! Best part about all this cute cupcake stuff I've been finding is that they are on paper as well as ff/calorie free. So one can appreciate the cuteness without the dreaded added poundage. Got me?
So that's what I've been up to. Getting some much needed creative time in and spreading a little love to my friends and family.
Any opportunity to tell someone I love them - even if it was created by the card & flower companies - is well worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment!