Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cabin Retreating Part II

Well I thought I'd better do my part two post on my little cabin retreat adventure before I share some more recent activities.  So technically we weren't in the cabin the whole time...  it was raining a lot the first couple of days so rather than sit inside the cabin staring at each other we ventured out.
The neighboring town close to our cabin is Louisville, NE.  It's a busy little town with a train going right through the center of it about every 13 minutes.  In their downtown area are quite a few fun girly shops.  One is called Cafe Poulet.   Here's a few pics of the cafe & shopping area


I just love all of the pretty pink in there and of course anything Marie Antoinette (and cupcakes!)



They have a lot of fun purses, jewelry and other accessories.  I left with a pretty necklace with lots of bling!





 What a fun place!  We had a little coffee and relaxed on these fun retro cafe tables.  I also checked out their other places Coop De Ville (everything has a "chick" theme) and Art Chicks.



Also on our weekend excursion we visited a local winery in Springfield, NE called Soaring Wings


All the grapevines were so pretty.  I've actually never been to a winery so it was a new experience for me



                                                       
                                                               The grapes were sweet



I made a little lunch for us and we bought a nice bottle of white wine  


Great fun with a friend dining alfresco with guitar music from the amphitheater in the background!



   

5 comments:

  1. what a lovely time you had...super jealous... i need a vaca
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been to that winery before,and it was a nice experience! Also enjoyed the "Chick" shops in Louisville several times! So happy you enjoyed your time with friends! Hugs,G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun . . . I could surely use a holiday, myself. Come on over, my welcome mat is always out, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment!