Sunday, July 31, 2011

Crazy Busy Summer... continued

Hi all!  Thought I'd better stop in and tell ya what I've been up to!  First off, trying to stay COOL!  We've been stuck in a sizzling heatwave for what seems like an entire month.  I'm catching a little grief over saying that I was looking forward to Autumn.  I can't help it!  I do love that season but I also love long summer days with lots of fun that can be packed in!
Weather has been a tough one in 2011 don't you think?
So Saturday was my birthday and I spent it with my family at a cousin's wedding.
It was a great time!  I did the Electric Slide and danced the night away!  I haven't done that in so very long!
I've been able to squeeze in a little time inside working on my first altered art canvas and it's so addicting that I went out and bought a few more supplies to make some more.  Maybe for Christmas gifts this year?


Not my best work but I know I can get better with more play time.  The bicycle is a Tim Holtz stamp that I had to jazz up since stamping on canvas is hard!! 
I do like the papers that were Mod Podge'd on and will probably try that more and freehand something of my own...




The photo above is a weird yellowish sunset we had a few days ago.  It was weird but neat!
Tomorrow night I'm going to take some pictures of some grandkids for a friend.  I am a bit nervous ... I always want to do a great job and give them the best!

What else have I been up to?  Well I'm also looking into becoming a Big Sister and being a part of the Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Midlands program.  I know it'll be a rewarding relationship and can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment!