Thursday, June 23, 2011

Father's Day Card

He had one request... a handmade Father's Day card.  I was in a pinch on what theme to use.  I have a cool dad.  He drag races, rocks out on the bass guitar, rides motorcycles, into classic cars, a smidge of golf and a little side of wood-working.   He does not fit into the usual retirement-age mold, you see.
I call him a "Renaissance Man" because he can fix and do most anything.  

I've done the rocker-themed card before.  Used a lot of great flashy silver and black paper and guitar embellishments.   I've done the ol' tool-theme, too.

Well, I decided after checking out the grungy distressed look of the Tim Holtz line that I would give it a go.

I'd put away the pastel shabby chic frills for a day and get realllly dirty and try something new!


I worked on this card really late after having a busy weekend and I had to get up early on Father's Day to go to church with the folks.  So please forgive the bad lighting.  I was happy with the results and trying LOTS of new techniques in making this grungy antiqued card.   Dad loves old cars!   Tim has lots of great stamps in the set I bought.  Something I can use for the next masculine card I'll be making for my brother who loves bicycles!



I used masking with Tim' paint dabbers, his embellishments, distress ink and stamps.   I like his tools and may have to take a lil trip to Archiver's to see what kinds of goodies they have in their store. 

I certainly cherish my daddy.  He's been so good to me.  It blesses me when he tells me I'm beautiful and that I can accomplish my dreams.  I have great parents who taught me how to be a good person and I thank God for them every day!

3 comments:

  1. What a great card! I love the way it turned out. God has blessed us with great dad's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sweet Angela,
    Your dad's card is awesome! I bet he was so thrilled when he got it. It sounds like you have been raised by wonderful parents. What a blessing that is, and I know you realize and are grateful for it. SO many are not as lucky, but I am so glad that you are one of the blessed. I was too and I cherish my parents and the upbringing I had.

    Thank you so much for your thoughtful message. I am being so good and Dale is doing an awesome job taking care of Landon and the garden. Thank you always for your sweet friendship!
    love to you,
    June

    ReplyDelete
  3. O this card is sooo cool, you have to tell us if he liked it:-))) Sounds like your parents are so wonderful. It's so wonderful to read about happy families :-)

    Have a wonderful new week

    Syl

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment!