Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Haiti On My Heart

Every day my thoughts & prayers have been lifted up to heaven for the people of Haiti.   My heart is full of hope for the salvation and safety of many that still are waiting to be healed, helped and rescued. 
I am especially moved by the stories of so many orphans that are quickly being released to their adoptive families in the U.S.  There was made a way when there seemed no way... that can only be God!
I have a few friends that have taken missionary trips to Haiti to assist with our church missionaries, the Carls.   I'm glad to say that the Carls are safe and assisting injured Haitians by transporting them to the area hospitals.  They are also staying on to do volunteer work while at the hospital.   Right now a mission team from my church is being assembled and will be flying out to Haiti.  They have asked for everyone's prayers.
During a quiet moment last weekend I asked myself "What would you do if everything around you literally crumbled to pieces?" Who would you turn to?"
I know I would be devastated but I would turn to God in a prayer for help, safety for me and loved ones, provision and peace.    What would you do?
"I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth."  Psalm 121:1-2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to comment!